Friday, February 18, 2011

Wisconsin

Speaking of Wisconsin, I do give all my support to the folks fighting the unconscionable effort to split up the union.  If you couldn’t guess from the previous post, I’m for both unions and copyright protections.  I just have a bit more support for the unions ‘cause they organize themselves rather than rely upon the government to do it for them.  But, having said that, I’m also really, really pissed at all the folks out protesting.  I don’t know for sure, so I might be maligning people unfairly, in which case I apologize, but I strongly suspect that a whole bunch of those folks were no where near a voting booth last November.  So now that protests and activism are hardly worth a bucket of spit, now we’re all active.  Why won’t progressives get out and act when it would actually do some good?  I don’t know. 

It’s like during the health care debate when every progressive wanted Obama to be more like our hero Johnson.  In 1968 supporting Johnson wasn’t so cool, but now yes.  Or Al Gore could be beloved in any year after 2000, but 2000 not so much.

Sigh.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home